In the interest of safety and security for our staff and
visitors, the following practices are observed at the Doran Bay Model Ship
• Parking – There is plenty of vehicle parking immediately in front of the Museum with overflow west of the parking lot. Bus groups are welcome. There is lots of room for larger groups to congregate under the front veranda and enter the bus from a paving stone patio located immediately in the front of the museum.
• Accessibility – The Museum is wheel chair or walker accessible using a ramp at the entrance. A handicap-accessible washroom is located on the ground floor of the museum.
• Photography – is permitted for personal use. Use of tripods is not permitted.
• Valuables - should not be brought into the Museum.
• Large bags/items - are not allowed inside the museum since they may damage the fragile cases. Umbrellas, laptop computers, musical instruments, backpacks, large purses or luggage should be left in your vehicle.
• Children - are encouraged to visit the museum. It is the parent’s responsibility to maintain control over young children while inside the museum. Because some pre-school children may view the model ships as toys, there is a risk that they may run, hit, touch or damage the fragile glass displays. Small baby strollers are permitted in the museum, however oversized strollers, backpack style child carriers, wagons and pulled child vehicles pose a risk to objects on display and to other visitors and are not permitted. Children are not allowed to be placed on a parent’s shoulders.
• Video security surveillance - All persons are subject to video security surveillance while at the museum.
• Cell phones - should be set to “silent” or “vibrate” upon entering the Museum as a courtesy to other visitors.
• Food or drink - of any type is not permitted in the Museum.
• Touching display cases and objects on display - is not permitted.
• Pets - are not permitted in the Museum.
• Smoking - The Museum is a smoke-free building.
• Prohibited Items – The following items are not permitted in the Museum at any time: paints and aerosols; indelible markers; weapons of any type; any item prohibited under the Criminal Code of Canada; any item deemed to be inappropriate.
• Lost Items - The Museum assumes no liability whatsoever for any item left inside the museum.